Sunday, August 02, 2009

A tutor for Saba


Saba is a little 10 year old girl I sponsor through Children International who lives near Kolkatta, India. I have been sponsoring her since 2006. She enjoys studying languages at school, drawing and playing outside.

Saba started school late and therefore is in need of a tutor. She is currently in 2nd grade and needs some extra help with her writing skills especially, as she is behind compared to other children her age. She dreams of being a doctor someday.

A tutor for the year costs $26 in India, but since it is a special needs gift, a minimum of $100 is required. The rest of that money will be used for other things the family needs.

Due to the economic issues in the U.S. I have been struggling to pay for my two sponsored children's monthly sponsorship costs. While I could afford $26 for her tutor, I cannot currently make a $100 contribution on my own to help her with her education. If anyone would be willing to contribute to this fund, it will give Saba a chance for a tutor as well as other benefits for her family so she can be closer to her goal of becoming a doctor. :)

If you would like to contribute, please follow the link here: Help Saba get a Tutor

Any amount will help!

No comments: