Friday, April 06, 2007

Adoption and Criminal Behavior

I have been reading this blog at Sepia Mutiny. It's about a guy who was adopted at age 3 from India and at age 25 committed a crime. His mother never finished applying for his citizenship in the U.S. and hence, he is being deported to India.

Does anyone see the huge problem with this and its implications around adoption in the U.S.??? Regardless of the crime he committed (stealing cars) how can he been sent back to a country he left at age 3. It boggles my mind. Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Amitabh from SepiaMutiny. Excellent blog. I think it's great that you're learning Hindi. I was very interested in cultural anthropology in college but never pursued it beyond taking several classes (I was pre-med). I grew up in America but I'm pretty fluent in Hindi so if you need help you can email me (amitabh_194@hotmail.com) Good luck to you.

LinZi said...

Thanks Amitabh!

to, kyun tumko acchi hindi aate ho... matlab agar tum america mein rehte ho kaise hindi sikhte the.